The devotion for art lived by late Shridevi continues through the tributes paid to her passionate acting skills. International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) celebrated its 19th season last night at Bangkok with great pride and enthusiasm.
Along with stars receiving their token of recognition awards, the occasion was brightened by the performances of many stars like Ranbir Kapoor, Varun Dhawan, Shraddha Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor. Actress Rekha danced after 21 solid years, which was the sparkling sight of the show. Kartik Aaryan, Dia Mirza and many more celebrities enjoyed at the show.
As always, Karan Johar and Ritesh Deshmukh hosted the ceremony brilliantly. Get an insight into the top elites of Indian Cinema who won their honors and decorum last night.
‘Tumhari Sulu’ earned honors as the Best Film, while Saket Chaudary won the Best Director award. Irrfan Khan got the Best Actor Award (Male) for the film ‘Hindi Medium.’ ‘Mom’ bought recognition to Sridevi as Best Actor (Female) and Nawazzuddin Siddiqui as Best Supporting Actor (Male).
The contributions of Anupam Kher won the recognition ‘Outstanding Achievement in Indian Cinema.’ ‘Secret Superstar’ earned reward for Meher Vij as the Best Actor in Supporting Role (Female). Amit V Masurkar’s script of ‘Newton’ was selected as the Best Story, while Shreyas Jain and Nitesh Tiwari shared the Best Screenplay Award for ‘Bareilly Ki Barfi’.
The music team of ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ Amaal Mallik, Tanishk Bagchi and Akhil Sachdeva grabbed the Best Music Direction award. The dialogues written by Hitesh Kewalya were chosen to be the best. Meghna Mishra and Arijit Singh were awarded the Best Playback Singer in female and male categories for the songs ‘Main Kaun Hoon’ from ‘Secret Superstar’ and ‘Hawayein’ from ‘Jab Harry Met Sejal’ respectively. Kriti Sanoon was regarded as the Best Style Icon of the year.
The list continues:
- Vijay Ganguly and Ruel Dausan Varindani won the Best Choreography for ‘Galti Se Mistake’ from ‘Jagga Jasoos’
- Best Cinematography award was received by Marcin Laskawiec and Usc
- Best Editing award went to Shweta Venkat Mathew for ‘Newton’
- Manoj Muntashir won the Best Lyrics for ‘Mere Rashke Qamar’ from the film ‘Baadshaho’
- Ganesh Gangadharan and Dileep Subramaniam from YRF Studios won the award for the Best Sound Design.
- Best Special Effects award was given to Ny Vfxwala for ‘Jagga Jasoos’
- Konkona Sensharma won the award for the Best Debut Director
Amidst all the happiness and joy, Boney Kapoor expressed mixed feelings while receiving late Sridevi’s award.